FHC is a full hydraulic calculation program for use with fire sprinkler systems and other water based fixed fire protection systems to International standards. It has been used successfully with fire sprinkler systems, water spray, ESFR, deluge, drencher, hose reel, hydrant, foam sprinklers, ring mains, foam monitors and water mist systems.
- Complies with international standards such as NFPA, FM and LPC
- Any any type of pipe network can be modelled such as trees, loops, grids or any combination
- Models fire sprinkler systems, deluge, ring mains, hydrant and much more...
- Multiple pipe types
- Specify a global design density or set each head individual
- Automatically finds the most remote head or the four MRH in the case of LPC and EN 12845
- Automatically includes tee and elbows equivalent lengths
- Automatic pipe sizing based on maximum pressure drop or pipe velocity (tree systems only)
- Automatic pipe node numbering
- Calculate source pressure and flow or
- Balance to a water supply curve such as a fire pump or towns main supply
- Can use Hazen-Williams or Darcy-Weisbach pressure loss equations
- Isometric, plan and elevation schematic views of the pipe network
- Easy to read and inclusive reports which you can preview and output to PDF.
FHC can be used with over 30 different national and international fire protection standards including:
- Loss Prevention Council - LPCB Rules for automatic sprinkler installations
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 13/15/750)
- Factory Mutual - FM
- Dansk Brand-og Sikringstekniks Institut
- CP52 - Rules in Singapore
- Norwegian Sprinkler Rules
- ANPI/NVBB Rules in Belgium
- Comite Europeen Des Assurances CEA4001
- FOC 29th Edition Rules
- BS 5306 part 2 Specification for sprinkler systems
- EN 12845 Automatic fire sprinkler systems
- BS 9251 Sprinkler systems for residential and domestic occupancies
- ASIB 10th Edition (Automatic Sprinkler Inspection Bureau)
- VDK - AEAI
Canute are always please to consider adding new design authority's to the above list for more information please contact Canute our support department.
FHC can be used for tree, looped and grid systems or in any combination.
- QUICK-GRID™ - Helps you to quickly create a grid system given minimal information about a building.
- TREE PLANTER - Will automatically insert a terminal end fire sprinkler layout at any node in the system.
Water Mist Systems
FHC can be used for the hydraulic calculation of water mist systems designed to NFPA 750 and will use the Darcy Weisbach equation for its pressure loss calculations. You can also specify the specific gravity, density (kg/m3) and absolute viscosity (centipoises)
FHC includes a standard pipe library with 21 standard pipe types from 20mm to 400mm including the most common pipe types BS 1387, BS 3601, API, MDPE, CPVC, Copper and Stainless Steel. Additional pipe data tables (PDT) are included for use with systems designed to BS 9251 and one PDT contains API pipes up to 900mm.
Full instructions are given in the manual for you to write your own PDT or to modify one of the supplied pipe data tables. Canute have a larger library of pipe data from around the world so please ask if you have any special requirements. There is no limit to the number of pipe data tables you can have but only one PDT can be used at any time.
Pump curve library
- A maximum of 50 pump curves can be stored.
- Size of hydraulic model, 9990 pipes, 1500 operating nozzles and 500 loops
Units of Measurements
All units are metric:
Length - m
Pressure - bar
Flow - l/min
Computer operating system
Microsoft Windows, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10